Friday, February 5, 2010

A New Level of Irresponsibility

Apparently Indianapolis is starting school two hours later on Monday in anticipation of school related employees (everyone from bus drivers to super intendants) being hung over and needing time in the morning to recover. Furthermore there are whispers of moving the Super Bowl to Saturdays so that this will not be a problem in the future.

Wow.

It seems people everywhere are living up to the defiant cries made to their parents about how they're going to be different when they grow up. Instead of sucking it up and being responsible the plan is to get ridiculously shit faced even though you have to work in the morning and just make it so you can go into work later.

A few months ago Dethklok was playing here in Milwaukee on a Sunday night. The next Monday I knew well in advance that I was going to have to be in early for meetings that would be helping to lead. So I skipped Dethklok because I'm responsible like that.

So suck it up world. A little responsibility won't be the end, tomorrow will always come.

2 comments:

Ms. Jane said...

glad to see you back and blogging.

Caleb said...

I am also into shoes.

Yeah, I got annoyed when I heard this too. Then they lost. And I laughed.