Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm an "Uncle"



Last Wed. (9/12/07), Hayden Michael Rollins was welcomed into the world (at 7lbs. 13oz, 21" for those who may ask). He is the child of my best friend Mike and his girlfriend Lauralye. Mike and I have been best friends since 8th grade and I couldn't be happier for him and Lauralye. I myself can't stop beaming over the fact that I'm going to be able to help them raise this child.

I think it's funny that me and the four guys I consider brothers all have something that can be refered to as "God's way of compensating" for the often stupid things we do. I'm ridiculously knowledgable of pop culture. Caleb (who actually is my brother) is ridiculously book smart. J is a crazy good chef. Chuck is hands down the most genuinely nice person I have ever known. And Mike is great with kids.

And one more for the road. Welcome to Earth, little buddy:



2 comments:

Caleb said...

The fact that the child is not named Tanzibar Denizen is cause for celebration.

Ms. Jane said...

Since this is Mike's child, does this now officially make you a "Monkey's Uncle?" :-) JUST KIDDING